Ever stomp on the pedals just to have your rear wheel slide forward in the dropouts and throw your chain? There are lots of BMX-style tensioners out there, but few of them fit in many dropouts without some serious grinding. So, Surly decided to design a chain tensioner that will keep that rear wheel static in most rear-facing horizontal dropouts. Plus, it even has a bottle opener!
- Investment cast in stainless steel for durableness
- Thumbscrew, for tool-free adjustments
- 2 axle holes for a wide range of fore/aft wheel positions
- Includes an aluminum adapter that reduces the axle hole from 10mm to 6mm
- Can be used with quick release or nutted axles
Sold as a single for the drive side, but two can be used if desired.